Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Day with Mom

We live in moments these days, seems that is all she has left.
I hear her laugh, then the pain.
I feel her try to remember, with words that I cannot make out.
I talk but she doesn't understand.
She looks, but can't really focus.
Does she hear the sounds as I hear them?
Once in a while her face lights up, she smiles her beautiful smile and for that Moment she understands.

We went to the beach toay, it was warm and sunny and blue skies with big white billowing clouds. It was very active here today ; and as my mom sat at my side we enjoyed the sounds of the children splashing in the water, and playing in the sand. It nearly made me cry.

There were so many different aged people walking upon the white sand, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, the songs of the birds in flight and the sweet voices of the children having fun...
Mom closes her eyes as she slips into a slumber with the background of the young childrens voices...I wonder if she is remembering, like I am about all the wonderful times that are behind us both, so long ago, yet so fresh.
She sleeps in a land away, 'afar' and 'alone' (God is there I am sure). I wish I could make her well, it rips down to my very soul. I also know "What will be , will be", but not what will be next and I know I have no control.
So off we go through the woods to return her to her home, and I hope she knows I Love her so....:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment